Dental implants offer a long-term solution for treating tooth loss.
Tooth loss isn’t just a problem for seniors, it’s a problem that can happen to adults of all ages if they don’t properly care for their smiles. If you are currently missing one, two or several teeth, our White Bear Lake, MN, dentists Dr. Daniel Isaacson, Dr. Mike Weisbrod and Dr. Tara Peterson can certainly provide you with dental implants or other tooth replacement options to give you your smile back.
How does dental implant work?
Dental implants are incredibly unique in that they are designed to replace the entire tooth from the crown to the roots. An implant is made up of three parts: the metal implant that replaces the tooth roots, an abutment that connects the implant and false tooth and then the artificial tooth (typically, a porcelain crown).
The metal implant is surgically placed into the jawbone by our White Bear Lake, MN, family dentist, where it functions just like real tooth roots. The roots are an important part of a tooth because they stimulate the growth of new bone cells in the jawbone. When a tooth falls out, the implant replaces the roots to maintain the jawbone’s natural structure and to prevent deterioration. The implant and jawbone will fuse together permanently to anchor the false tooth or teeth in place.
Why should I consider dental implants?
If you are a healthy adult who practices good oral hygiene and is missing one or more teeth, then you might be a great candidate for dental implants. Dental implants offer a variety of unique benefits that make them an attractive solution for many of our adult patients dealing with tooth loss.
Some reasons to consider dental implants include,
- They can’t develop cavities
- They function like real teeth
- They fully restore chewing
- They stay in place, so you never have to worry about slippage or shifting of teeth
- They prevent bone loss
- They support the muscles of the face to prevent sagging skin caused by tooth loss
- They don’t require special treatment or care
Do dental implants sound like the tooth replacement option you’ve been searching for? If so, the next step is to call our office to schedule a consultation with our White Bear Lake, MN, dentist. Don’t ignore your tooth loss. Fight back with dental implants. Call Isaacson Gentle Dentistry today at (651) 762-7677 to learn more.
Dealing with a crooked smile? Invisalign may be able to help.
Your smile is one of the first features a person notices, whether you’re about to go on a first date or an important job interview. We know that having a beautiful, healthy smile can make a world of difference and offer a great first impression. Of course, if you need to fix a misaligned smile, our White Bear Lake, MN, dentists Dr. Daniel Isaacson, Dr. Mike Weisbrod and Dr. Tara Peterson can provide you with a discreet orthodontic treatment known as Invisalign,
Here are the dental problems that Invisalign can fix,
An overbite is when the upper teeth rest over the lower teeth. This problem can lead to excessive wear and tear on teeth as well as jaw pain. Invisalign can be used to address mild to moderate overbites. In some cases, rubber bands may need to be attached to Invisalign treatment in order to achieve faster results for those with more severe overbites.
When the lower jaws grow more than the upper jaws, this can cause bottom teeth to rest in front of the upper teeth. This can lead to jaw pain, trouble chewing and difficulty speaking. Teeth are also more likely to wear down. Fortunately, our White Bear Lake, MN, family dentists can fix most underbites with Invisalign.
Spaces Between Teeth
Having gaps between teeth can make it more likely for decay and gum disease to occur because there are more areas for plaque and bacteria to buildup. Invisalign can be a great way to close up the spaces quickly and efficiently for a straighter and healthier smile.
When jaws don’t grow large enough to accommodate all of your teeth this can lead to a common issue known as overcrowding. Like many of the issues above, crowded smiles can also increase your risk for cavities and gum disease because it’s harder to keep crowded, overlapped and crooked teeth clean. The good news is that Invisalign can easily treat this common dental problem.
If you or your teen is interested in getting Invisalign here in White Bear Lake, MN, call Isaacson Gentle Dentistry at (651) 762-7677 to schedule a consultation.
Beautiful teeth make you feel like smiling, but for some of us chips, stains or gaps can get in the way of a perfect grin.
At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN we offer cosmetic dentistry options for all kinds of dental impairments, from yellowing to crookedness. Let our specialists help find the cosmetic dentistry option that fits your needs.
Dental bonding may be a good choice if you have noticeable imperfections such as chips, cracks or gaps in your teeth. At our White Bear Lake office, we use a tooth-colored composite molded to shape which, once cured, makes your tooth strong and fully functional.
If your teeth are stained, a bleaching treatment at our White Bear Lake Office can give you professional level whiteness and brightness. We use a higher level of peroxide than found in a drugstore kit, so your whitening is more powerful and longer-lasting.
If you have crooked teeth, uneven spacing or teeth with scuffed surfaces, veneers from our White Bear Lake office can cover the imperfections. Veneers are fitted to the surface of your natural teeth and look flawless and attractive.
For missing teeth, dental implants can complete your smile in a permanent fashion. Dental implants use a screw-like post, secured in the jawbone, to act as the root for an artificial tooth. Dental implants are secure, sturdy and natural-looking. You will be able to bite, chew and brush like normal.
Dental crowns from our White Bear Lake office are a cosmetic dentistry option for damaged teeth that uses a cap to cover imperfections. Your dentist will create a crown that matches the rest of your teeth and attach it securely so it hides any damage yet looks natural.
Call our White Bear Lake, MN office today at (651) 762-7677 for all your cosmetic dentistry needs.
What could improve your self-confidence more than a flawless smile? At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod offer cosmetic dental services that rejuvenate teeth and gums, turning back the clock and remaking everyday wear and tear. What are your smile goals? Let the experts at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry help you meet them.
The world of cosmetic dentistry
It has expanded tremendously over the past three decades. From complete smile makeovers to simple dental bleaching and everything in between, aesthetic services offered by a cosmetic dentist builds on the foundation maintained by preventive and restorative dental treatments.
At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, your professional team discusses patient goals and offers realistic solutions to problems such as:
- Uneven tooth length or odd shape
- Dental stains
- Fractured or missing teeth
- Excess gum tissue (gummy smiles)
- Small gaps
Your dentist can execute one or all services on your treatment plan as your budget and time commitment allow. Rest assured you'll receive the finest in materials and the latest in diagnostics, imaging and application techniques.
Here are some to today's most sought after cosmetic treatments available at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry:
- Teeth whitening Done in the office or at home, this process removes dental stains caused by aging, tobacco, deeply colored dietary choices and some prescription drugs. Safe and long-lasting, professional bleaching does not harm gums or enamel. The process utilizes a hydrogen peroxide gel far more powerful than drugstore rinses and strips.
- Composite resin bonding An additive process, composite resin bonding uses a tooth-colored mix of plastic and glass particles to reshape chipped, pitted, cracked and deformed teeth. More economical than crowns and veneers, bonding lasts for years with good at-home and in-office hygiene.
- White fillings Dr. Isaacson and Dr. Weisbrod use composite resin to restore tooth decay. Composite fillings require less enamel reduction than metal fillings and are natural-looking.
- Porcelain veneers These are custom-made shells of premium grade ceramic that cover the front of teeth flawed by substantial defects such as gaps, odd shapes, cracks, intractable discolorations and more. Veneers require some enamel reduction but over the long term add a great measure of strength to selected teeth--and beautify them, too.
Your renewed smile
It's as close as a phone call to Isaacson Gentle Dentistry. Our office team will arrange your consultation appointment at a time suitable to your busy life. Call us at (651) 762-7677.
Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, can help you beautify your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Led by Drs. Daniel Isaacson and Mike Weisbrod, our office offers patients several procedures that can help boost self-esteem and rejuvenate smiles.
Here are a few cosmetic dentistry options you may want to think of:
- Veneers: These oral appliances are similar to crowns but instead of capping teeth, veneers are bonded to the of your teeth. Veneers resurface teeth that have been damaged, stained, discolored, crooked, worn, or chipped. Made of porcelain and wafer-thin, veneers conceal these issues in a fashion that looks and feels completely natural.
- Teeth Whitening: There are two types of teeth whitening methods: take-home whitening kits and in-office procedures. In both of these treatments, the pores in your teeth are filled with hydrogen peroxide and other brightening particles that result in a smile that is several shades lighter than it was previously.
- Crowns: Strong, durable, and comfortable, these porcelain caps are placed over teeth to restore functionality and reinforce weakened teeth or loose dental fillings. This cosmetic dentistry procedure protects teeth that have undergone procedures, such as dental implant installation and root canal therapy.
- Bonding: Your dentist uses dental bonds to restore teeth and boost your smile and confidence. This cosmetic procedure uses a tooth-colored composite resin material bonding material that is placed on a tooth to build it up or change the shape in one visit. They fix chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or gapped teeth.
While there are several cosmetic dentistry options to choose from, a consultation can help you determine which procedure is right for you. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, just call Drs. Daniel Isaacson or Mike Weisbrod of Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, today by dialing (651) 762-7677 today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.