Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of summer and the official start to a new school year! Help your child with our back to school checklist. Click on the links for more information on healthy snacks to prevent decay ( ) and establish good toothbrushing habits with a brushing calendar ( ). Or go to our website to schedule your next visit, search for videos and more helpful information. Have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend!!! Comment below with your favorite healthy snack!
Unhappy with your smile? Dentists have an array of tools and techniques at their disposal for improving the appearance of your smile. Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, which is located in White Bear Lake, MN, offers a complete range of dental services. Dr. Daniel Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod are some of the finest dentists in White Bear Lake, MN. Here are twelve common dental services that you should know about.
1. Dental Bonding- Dental bonding is a technique used to correct imperfections with your teeth to give you a better-looking smile. Bonding is used to repair chipped teeth, decayed teeth, and cracked teeth. Bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin material to the teeth and hardening it with a light. This bonds the material to the teeth to improve a person's smile.
2. Dental Crowns- A dental crown is a dental prosthesis which replaces the visible part of a tooth. A dental crown functions to strengthen teeth, restore their original shape, and improve their appearance. Dental crowns are also used to hold dental bridges in place and cover dental implants.
3. Bridgework- A dental bridge is a structure between two dental crowns to fill the gap between missing teeth. A bridge can be supported by your teeth, implants, or a combination of teeth and implants. A dental bridge can restore your smile, improve your appearance, and take years off your look. Who doesn't want to look better- or younger?
4. Cosmetic Fillings- Cosmetic fillings, or tooth- colored fillings, are made of composite resin and glass particles. They are cemented onto the existing teeth using a bonding agent. Cosmetic fillings can improve the appearance of your smile. Unlike silver-colored fillings, cosmetic fillings look just like your natural teeth.
5. Invisalign- Crooked smile? Invisalign is the best way to straighten your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life. Invisalign gradually moves your teeth using a series of custom-fitted, removable aligners. Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible and very comfortable to wear.
6. Dental Veneers- Many people are discovering the benefits of veneers. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the teeth. Veneers are placed on teeth that are crooked, poorly shaped, or severely discolored. They may also be used to lighten teeth that are yellow or have a gray cast.
7. Teeth Cleanings- You should visit the dentist every six months for teeth cleanings. Tartar is a hard buildup of plaque that forms on the teeth. Tartar forms below and above the gum line. The only way to remove tartar is to see a dentist for a professional teeth cleaning. Regular teeth cleanings are important to maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
8. Dentures- Have you lost most or all of your teeth? Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth. A complete denture is used when all of the patient's teeth are missing. A partial denture is used when only some of the teeth are missing. Today's dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever.
9. Root Canal Therapy- In the past, diseased teeth often had to be extracted. Today, they often can be saved through root canal therapy. A root canal is a dental procedure that is used to repair teeth that are infected or badly decayed. Some people fear root canal treatments because they assume they are painful. Most people report that the procedure is no more painful than having a filling placed.
10. Dental Sealants- Sealants are made of plastic and are applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to prevent tooth decay. Sealants are painted on as a liquid and harden to form a shield over the teeth. Having sealants put on your teeth will save you money in the long run by avoiding dental fillings, crowns, and other dental treatments.
11. Teeth Whitening- Want a whiter smile? Your main options are at-home and in-office bleaching. At-home teeth whitening involves custom-made dental trays filled with hydrogen peroxide gel that you can use at home. For in-office bleaching, your dentist will combine hydrogen peroxide gel with a light source to speed up the whitening process.
12. Tooth Extractions- A tooth extraction, or dental extraction, is the removal of a tooth from its socket in the bone. There are a number of reasons why tooth removal may be necessary. An extraction may be necessary if your tooth is so damaged that it can't be fixed with a dental restoration. In some cases, dentists extract teeth to prepare the patient's mouth for orthodontic treatment.
Your smile is part of your personality. It defines you. That’s why it’s so important to take good care of your teeth and gums. Don't wait another minute- call Isaacson Gentle Dentistry at 651-762-7677 now to schedule an appointment in White Bear Lake, MN. We believe that everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile!
Cosmetic Dentistry Offers Improvements for the Appearance of Your Smile
Brighten Your Smile with Teeth Whitening
Restore Your Smile with Dental Implants
A Hollywood Smile with Veneers
Going to see an emergency dentist when there's an urgent issue can help you preserve your teeth and save you money on expensive procedures. You’ll also get better care at the office of a qualified dentist compared to going to a hospital emergency room. At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, you can see a dentist urgently when needed. Find out exactly what to do during a dental emergency to ensure the best results.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?
Some dental problems can be addressed at your regularly scheduled appointments, but others require an urgent visit. Here are a few issues that certainly qualify as emergencies:
- Intense tooth pain that makes it impossible to eat or talk
- A knocked out tooth after playing a sport and similar sports-related mouth injuries
- A chipped or broken tooth
- A displaced tooth (out of alignment or pushed outside of the jaw)
- Soft tissue injuries to the gums or tongue
What to Do
The first thing to do when there's an urgent problem is to call your White Bear Lake emergency dentist to set a time to come in. The next step is to take basic precautions to preserve your teeth and gums:
- Locate any tooth matter and keep it in a glass of milk—the dentist may be able to use it. If it’s a cracked crown or bridge, keep that as well
- Clean a knocked-out tooth and gently attempt to place it back into its socket until your appointment
- Apply gentle pressure to any area of bleeding in the mouth with a gauze pad and keep it clean
- Avoid eating on the side of the mouth that is painful due to tooth decay or injury. Take an Advil, Tylenol or similar medication to control the pain and swelling
Protecting Your Dental Health
After your White Bear Lake emergency dentist resolves your dental issue, take steps to protect your teeth from future problems. Consider these tips:
- Wear a custom athletic mouthguard to protect your teeth when playing sports
- Avoid repeated actions that can damage the teeth, such as opening bottles with your mouth, eating hard candies and grinding
- Get regular checkups to ensure that you're cavity-free (tooth decay starts with small cavity and poor dental hygiene)
Call for an Urgent Appointment
As soon as you have an urgent dental problem it’s important to contact your emergency dentist for treatment. Call (651) 762-7677 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Daniel Isaacson or Dr. Mike Weisbrod at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN.
Find out if you are the ideal candidate for getting dental implants in White Bear Lake.
You want to replace your missing tooth or teeth but you aren’t sure what treatment option is right for you. You could continue to do more and more online research and read up on other people’s experiences or you could turn to our White Bear Lake, MN, dentists, Dr. Daniel Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod, to get the information you need to decide whether dental implants are ideal.
If you are a healthy adult who is missing one or more permanent teeth, then you could certainly be a great candidate for getting dental implants in White Bear Lake, MN. Here are some criteria that patients will need to meet in order to be able to get dental implants:
- A strong healthy jawbone that can support an implant
- Good oral health and hygiene (your smile should be free of decay and gum disease)
- Be a non-smoker (smokers are more likely to deal with implant failure)
- Good general health
As you can see, your health is very important to determining whether or not implants are right for you. Ideal candidates will also be adults. While teens and children can certainly lose permanent teeth as well, they aren’t good candidates for implants. This is because their jawbones are still growing. If an implant were placed into the jawbone it would stunt the jawbone’s growth. Of course, there are other ways to replace missing teeth until your child is old enough to get dental implants.
If you are ready to get dental implants then let Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, provide you with the restorative dentistry you deserve. Book an appointment with us today.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.