Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, can help you beautify your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Led by Drs. Daniel Isaacson and Mike Weisbrod, our office offers patients several procedures that can help boost self-esteem and rejuvenate smiles.
Here are a few cosmetic dentistry options you may want to think of:
- Veneers: These oral appliances are similar to crowns but instead of capping teeth, veneers are bonded to the of your teeth. Veneers resurface teeth that have been damaged, stained, discolored, crooked, worn, or chipped. Made of porcelain and wafer-thin, veneers conceal these issues in a fashion that looks and feels completely natural.
- Teeth Whitening: There are two types of teeth whitening methods: take-home whitening kits and in-office procedures. In both of these treatments, the pores in your teeth are filled with hydrogen peroxide and other brightening particles that result in a smile that is several shades lighter than it was previously.
- Crowns: Strong, durable, and comfortable, these porcelain caps are placed over teeth to restore functionality and reinforce weakened teeth or loose dental fillings. This cosmetic dentistry procedure protects teeth that have undergone procedures, such as dental implant installation and root canal therapy.
- Bonding: Your dentist uses dental bonds to restore teeth and boost your smile and confidence. This cosmetic procedure uses a tooth-colored composite resin material bonding material that is placed on a tooth to build it up or change the shape in one visit. They fix chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or gapped teeth.
While there are several cosmetic dentistry options to choose from, a consultation can help you determine which procedure is right for you. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, just call Drs. Daniel Isaacson or Mike Weisbrod of Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, today by dialing (651) 762-7677 today!
Your dentist can use veneers to improve the look of your smile. Veneers replace the top enamel layer of the teeth, giving them a smooth, white, and ideally shaped appearance. Rejuvenate your smile with porcelain veneers placed at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, a cosmetic dentistry practice located in White Bear Lake, MN.
Placing Porcelain Veneers
A visual inspection of your teeth is one of the first steps for a veneer treatment. The dentist will remove a small amount of enamel from the front surfaces of the teeth that are visible when you smile. That enamel will be replaced with individually formed, custom-designed veneers made from porcelain. Though a veneer is very thin and translucent, porcelain has durable properties to prevent cracking and staining. This material also very closely mimics the look and feel of natural tooth enamel.
Beautiful, Long-Lasting Results
For many patients, getting porcelain veneers is a worthwhile investment, not just because it makes your teeth look amazing, but also because it is a long-lasting cosmetic dentistry treatment. Some patients maintain their veneers for over 10 years before they have to be replaced. Your White Bear Lake, MN dentist can help you maintain your new smile and keep your veneers in place for as long as possible.
Veneers Rejuvenate Your Smile
To rejuvenate something means to give it “new life.” A set of veneers can give your smile new life and make you feel more confident. If you’ve spent years hiding your teeth in photos or avoiding close interactions with others because of your teeth, having your smile made over with veneers can be life-changing.
Time for Veneers? Take Action Today
The first appointment for veneers will be to check your gum and tooth health for stability, then consult you about next steps. Schedule that initial visit today by calling Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN at (651) 762-7677. Dr. Dan Isaacson or Dr. Mike Weisbrod are happy to provide their patients with personalized, quality dental care and answer any questions about cosmetic dentistry.
What could improve your self-confidence more than a flawless smile? At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod offer cosmetic dental services which rejuvenate teeth and gums, turning back the clock and remaking everyday wear and tear. What are your smile goals? Let the experts at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry help you meet them!
The world of cosmetic dentistry
It has expanded tremendously over the past three decades. From complete smile makeovers to simple dental bleaching and everything in between, aesthetic services offered by a cosmetic dentist builds on the foundation maintained by preventive and restorative dental treatments.
At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, your professional team discusses patient goals and offers realistic solutions to problems such as:
- Uneven tooth length or odd shape
- Dental stains
- Fractured or missing teeth
- Excess gum tissue (gummy smiles)
- Small gaps
Your dentist can execute one or all services on your treatment plan as your budget and time commitment allow. Rest assured you'll receive the finest in materials and the latest in diagnostics, imaging and application techniques.
Here are some to today's most sought after cosmetic treatments available at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry:
- Teeth whitening Done in the office or at home, this process removes dental stains caused by aging, tobacco, deeply colored dietary choices and some prescription drugs. Safe and long-lasting, professional bleaching does not harm gums or enamel. The process utilizes a hydrogen peroxide gel far more powerful than drugstore rinses and strips.
- Composite resin bonding An additive process, composite resin bonding uses a tooth-colored mix of plastic and glass particles to reshape chipped, pitted, cracked and deformed teeth. More economical than crowns and veneers, bonding lasts for years with good at-home and in-office hygiene.
- White fillings Instead of metal amalgam, Dr. Isaacson and Dr. Weisbrod use composite resin to restore tooth decay. Composite fillings require less enamel reduction than metal fillings and are natural looking.
- Porcelain veneers These are custom-made shells of premium grade ceramic which cover the front of teeth flawed by substantial defects such as gaps, odd shapes, cracks, intractable discolorations and more. Veneers require some enamel reduction but over the long term add a great measure of strength to selected teeth--and beautify them, too.
Your renewed smile
It's as close as a phone call to Isaacson Gentle Dentistry. Our office team will arrange your consultation appointment at a time suitable to your busy life. Call us at (651) 762-7677.
Can't get used to the change in your smile after tooth loss? Consider replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, the world's latest and greatest tooth restoration method. Dentists Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod of Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, offer dental implants and other treatments you need to maintain a healthy smile.
Who can benefit from dental implants?
Your White Bear Lake dentist takes several factors into consideration when deciding if dental implants are a good option for you including:
- Jawbone Depth: Dental implants are tiny titanium posts added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts serve as artificial roots and eventually support dental crowns. Before a crown can be added to the top of a dental implant, the post must fully bond to the surrounding jawbone. Unfortunately, normal bonding may not occur if your jawbone isn't deep enough to support the implant. Although poor jawbone depth is definitely a setback, it doesn't have to prevent you from receiving an implant. In many cases, your dentist can add bone grafts to deepen and strengthen the bone.
- General Health: Good health is particularly important if you're planning to replace a tooth with an implant. Certain conditions, diseases, and habits can slow healing and cause your implant to fail at bonding properly. Dental implants may not be recommended if you have uncontrolled diabetes, smoke, have an immune system disorder or take prescription medications that suppress your immune system.
- The State of Your Gums: Although your jawbone holds your implant in place, your gums will also help support your synthetic root. If you have gum disease, you'll need to receive treatment before beginning the implant process.
- The Number of Missing Teeth: Limits often apply to other restoration options. Dentures are a good idea if you've lost all your teeth, while bridges are used to replace one or two teeth. However, there are no limits with dental implants, as they can be used to replace any number of missing teeth and offer an alternative to removable dentures. Implants, whether they're single implants or implant-supported dentures, don't move when you chew and may feel more like natural teeth than other options.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call White Bear Lake, MN, dentists Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod of Isaacson Gentle Dentistry at (651) 762-7677 to schedule your appointment.
Transforming your look from a worn, gapped, or damaged smile to a beautiful, full smile you can be proud of may seem like no easy task. However, with your dentist’s help, you can fill in your gaps to improve the aesthetic quality and functionality of your smile. Dental implants are a tried-and-true tooth replacement option which can benefit your smile in more ways than one. Find out more about dental implants with Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a dental restoration which replaces both a missing tooth and its root. The implant looks and functions like a natural tooth, allowing you to eat the foods you love, laugh and smile without second-guessing yourself, and feel confident about the way you look. Your dentist places the implant into the jawbone beneath your missing tooth during a surgical procedure.
How can a dental implant benefit me?
A dental implant also replaces your tooth’s root, giving your jawbone the stimulation it requires to remain healthy and avoid bone atrophy, a feature other tooth replacement options like dental bridges cannot boast. The implant functions just like a natural tooth and fills your gaps to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
What can I expect from the implant procedure?
Your dentist will begin your implant process with a consultation to go over your expectations and how the procedure will work. Then, they will implant the impact fixtures, small screw-like titanium posts, into the jawbone underneath your missing tooth. The healing process, which takes several months, will allow the bone to grow around the fixture to permanently anchor it into the smile. After the healing process, you will see your dentist again to expose the fixtures and permanently place the final prosthetic teeth.
Dental Implants in White Bear Lake, MN
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN. Call 651-762-7677 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!