Posts for category: Dental Care
What could improve your self-confidence more than a flawless smile? At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN Dr. Dan Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod offer cosmetic dental services that rejuvenate teeth and gums, turning back the clock and remaking everyday wear and tear. What are your smile goals? Let the experts at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry help you meet them.
The world of cosmetic dentistry
It has expanded tremendously over the past three decades. From complete smile makeovers to simple dental bleaching and everything in between, aesthetic services offered by a cosmetic dentist builds on the foundation maintained by preventive and restorative dental treatments.
At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, your professional team discusses patient goals and offers realistic solutions to problems such as:
- Uneven tooth length or odd shape
- Dental stains
- Fractured or missing teeth
- Excess gum tissue (gummy smiles)
- Small gaps
Your dentist can execute one or all services on your treatment plan as your budget and time commitment allow. Rest assured you'll receive the finest in materials and the latest in diagnostics, imaging and application techniques.
Here are some to today's most sought after cosmetic treatments available at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry:
- Teeth whitening Done in the office or at home, this process removes dental stains caused by aging, tobacco, deeply colored dietary choices and some prescription drugs. Safe and long-lasting, professional bleaching does not harm gums or enamel. The process utilizes a hydrogen peroxide gel far more powerful than drugstore rinses and strips.
- Composite resin bonding An additive process, composite resin bonding uses a tooth-colored mix of plastic and glass particles to reshape chipped, pitted, cracked and deformed teeth. More economical than crowns and veneers, bonding lasts for years with good at-home and in-office hygiene.
- White fillings Dr. Isaacson and Dr. Weisbrod use composite resin to restore tooth decay. Composite fillings require less enamel reduction than metal fillings and are natural-looking.
- Porcelain veneers These are custom-made shells of premium grade ceramic that cover the front of teeth flawed by substantial defects such as gaps, odd shapes, cracks, intractable discolorations and more. Veneers require some enamel reduction but over the long term add a great measure of strength to selected teeth--and beautify them, too.
Your renewed smile
It's as close as a phone call to Isaacson Gentle Dentistry. Our office team will arrange your consultation appointment at a time suitable to your busy life. Call us at (651) 762-7677.
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of summer and the official start to a new school year! Help your child with our back to school checklist. Click on the links for more information on healthy snacks to prevent decay ( ) and establish good toothbrushing habits with a brushing calendar ( ). Or go to our website to schedule your next visit, search for videos and more helpful information. Have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend!!! Comment below with your favorite healthy snack!
Going to see an emergency dentist when there's an urgent issue can help you preserve your teeth and save you money on expensive procedures. You’ll also get better care at the office of a qualified dentist compared to going to a hospital emergency room. At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, you can see a dentist urgently when needed. Find out exactly what to do during a dental emergency to ensure the best results.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?
Some dental problems can be addressed at your regularly scheduled appointments, but others require an urgent visit. Here are a few issues that certainly qualify as emergencies:
- Intense tooth pain that makes it impossible to eat or talk
- A knocked out tooth after playing a sport and similar sports-related mouth injuries
- A chipped or broken tooth
- A displaced tooth (out of alignment or pushed outside of the jaw)
- Soft tissue injuries to the gums or tongue
What to Do
The first thing to do when there's an urgent problem is to call your White Bear Lake emergency dentist to set a time to come in. The next step is to take basic precautions to preserve your teeth and gums:
- Locate any tooth matter and keep it in a glass of milk—the dentist may be able to use it. If it’s a cracked crown or bridge, keep that as well
- Clean a knocked-out tooth and gently attempt to place it back into its socket until your appointment
- Apply gentle pressure to any area of bleeding in the mouth with a gauze pad and keep it clean
- Avoid eating on the side of the mouth that is painful due to tooth decay or injury. Take an Advil, Tylenol or similar medication to control the pain and swelling
Protecting Your Dental Health
After your White Bear Lake emergency dentist resolves your dental issue, take steps to protect your teeth from future problems. Consider these tips:
- Wear a custom athletic mouthguard to protect your teeth when playing sports
- Avoid repeated actions that can damage the teeth, such as opening bottles with your mouth, eating hard candies and grinding
- Get regular checkups to ensure that you're cavity-free (tooth decay starts with small cavity and poor dental hygiene)
Call for an Urgent Appointment
As soon as you have an urgent dental problem it’s important to contact your emergency dentist for treatment. Call (651) 762-7677 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Daniel Isaacson or Dr. Mike Weisbrod at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN.