Dentist White Bear Lake MN - Dental log
Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Keeping your teeth and mouth healthy will often involve more than just making your regular dentist appointments. Dental emergencies can happen to anyone. Dealing with these types of emergencies quickly and appropriately will have a huge impact on your dental health for years to come. You can find an emergency dentist in White Bear Lake, MN at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry. Dr. Daniel Isaacason, Dr. Mike Weisbrod, and Dr. Tara Peterson are here to help you deal with dental emergencies quickly and effectively. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency is any type of dental problem you may experience unexpectedly which causes you pain or puts your mouth at risk. Dental emergencies can be unique problems, but there are some common emergencies that should always be dealt with quickly. Let's look at a few of these common issues.
Broken or Cracked Teeth
A broken or cracked tooth can be a result of an injury or an accident. When a tooth is broken or cracked it can be very painful. In addition to it being painful, a broken or cracked tooth is also vulnerable to infection. If food or bacteria gets down beneath the gum line through the cracked enamel it can cause a serious dental problem. Your mouth is also at risk for cuts and scrapes if there are any sharp or jagged edges on the affected tooth. You should visit an emergency dentist in White Bear Lake, MN as soon as possible.
A toothache is another common type of dental emergency. Many people do not think of a toothache as an emergency, but the truth is a tooth will rarely ache unless there is a serious dental problem developing. A toothache is usually a sign of infection caused by tooth decay. If a tooth infection is left untreated it can turn into an abscess. This is a very serious form of infection that can spread to other parts of your body quickly.
If you would like to learn more about our services, or if you are in need of an emergency dentist in White Bear Lake, MN, please contact Dr. Isaacson, Dr. Weisbrod, or Dr. Peterson at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry by calling (651) 762-7677.
Do you find yourself hiding your imperfect smile when taking pictures? If so, it may be time to learn more about Invisalign from the great dentists at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, Dr. Dan Isaacson, Dr. Mike Weisbrod, and Dr. Tara Peterson, at their office located in White Bear Lake, MN.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a name brand of clear, plastic aligners custom-fitted to fit over your teeth like retainers to straighten your smile over time. The plastic is flexible and designed to be a more comfortable alternative to metal braces.
As your teeth move, our dentists provide new Invisalign aligners every few weeks or so to keep them gradually moving into their desired position. The process is less restrictive than what comes with traditional braces.
Traditional braces target each tooth individually, leading to more extended therapy requirements, but Invisalign shifts all your teeth together to provide a straighter smile faster.
What Can Invisalign Fix?
Invisalign treats more than an overbite. It treats:
- gap teeth
- open bite
- crowded teeth
- misaligned teeth
How Does Invisalign Work?
As mentioned, Invisalign is a quicker way to give you a straight smile. You wear clear plastic aligners every day and night, only removing them to eat and clean your teeth and aligners. Since they are easily removable, you can clean your teeth and the aligners with a toothbrush and floss.
Invisalign Treatment Steps
When you start your Invisalign therapy, you will take the following steps:
- Make a consultation appointment with Dr. Isaacson, Dr. Weisbrod, or Dr. Peterson. The dentist evaluates your smile and maps out a customized digital treatment plan that provides your smile's step-by-step transformation during your meeting.
- The dentist takes a digital scan of your teeth and X-rays of the jaw bone.
- The dentist then makes a mold of your smile to custom-create your Invisalign trays.
- Mold is sent for processing.
- When you pick up your first set of aligners, you will wear them day and night during your treatment plan, typically 6-18 months.
- You may have routine check-ups with your dentist during treatment to ensure the aligners fit correctly and comfortably.
- Every two weeks or so, you will pick up a new set of aligners.
- At the end of treatment, you may require additional aligners to help create an ideal smile, or your dentist may recommend a retainer to prevent re-shifting of your teeth.
Thanks to Invisalign's innovation and technology, they are leaders in their field and offer an effective teeth alignment tool that proved more significant than traditional wire braces.
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign, call the dentists at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, White Bear Lake, MN, Dr. Isaacson, Dr. Weisbrod, or Dr. Peterson for a consultation appointment today (651) 762-7677.
Dental implants offer a long-term solution for treating tooth loss.
Tooth loss isn’t just a problem for seniors, it’s a problem that can happen to adults of all ages if they don’t properly care for their smiles. If you are currently missing one, two or several teeth, our White Bear Lake, MN, dentists Dr. Daniel Isaacson, Dr. Mike Weisbrod and Dr. Tara Peterson can certainly provide you with dental implants or other tooth replacement options to give you your smile back.
How does dental implant work?
Dental implants are incredibly unique in that they are designed to replace the entire tooth from the crown to the roots. An implant is made up of three parts: the metal implant that replaces the tooth roots, an abutment that connects the implant and false tooth and then the artificial tooth (typically, a porcelain crown).
The metal implant is surgically placed into the jawbone by our White Bear Lake, MN, family dentist, where it functions just like real tooth roots. The roots are an important part of a tooth because they stimulate the growth of new bone cells in the jawbone. When a tooth falls out, the implant replaces the roots to maintain the jawbone’s natural structure and to prevent deterioration. The implant and jawbone will fuse together permanently to anchor the false tooth or teeth in place.
Why should I consider dental implants?
If you are a healthy adult who practices good oral hygiene and is missing one or more teeth, then you might be a great candidate for dental implants. Dental implants offer a variety of unique benefits that make them an attractive solution for many of our adult patients dealing with tooth loss.
Some reasons to consider dental implants include,
- They can’t develop cavities
- They function like real teeth
- They fully restore chewing
- They stay in place, so you never have to worry about slippage or shifting of teeth
- They prevent bone loss
- They support the muscles of the face to prevent sagging skin caused by tooth loss
- They don’t require special treatment or care
Do dental implants sound like the tooth replacement option you’ve been searching for? If so, the next step is to call our office to schedule a consultation with our White Bear Lake, MN, dentist. Don’t ignore your tooth loss. Fight back with dental implants. Call Isaacson Gentle Dentistry today at (651) 762-7677 to learn more.
Unhappy with your smile? Here at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, MN, your dentists, Dr. Daniel Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod, offer discreet and comfortable Invisalign treatment. Read on to learn if this treatment is right for you!
You need orthodontic care
There's no doubt. You have a pronounced overbite and some embarrassing gaps. Here's where Invisalign clear aligners come in. They're smooth, removable, and invisible—in fact, no one will even be able to notice you're wearing them as you advance through your customized treatment plan.
At our office in White Bear Lake, your dentists are platinum Invisalign providers with extensive skill and experience in this innovative orthodontic system. They utilize simple oral examination and a sophisticated iTero scanner to put together a plan to correct your smile issues: bite problems, crowding, tooth tipping, gaps, and more!
What it involves
Treatment with Invisalign involves wearing 18 to 30 aligner pairs. Each is thin, comfortable, and discreet. You wear them 18-to-20 hours a day every day for two weeks and then switch to the next pair in your sequence. Your dentist may even preview your smile for you at each stage of treatment. When you're done, your smile will be straight, beautiful, and easy to clean.
Amazingly, your aligners are completely removable. Take them out to:
- Eat all your meals and snacks
- Brush and floss your teeth
- Clean your aligners (with a soft brush and warm water)
- Go to a job interview or get your picture taken
After just nine to eighteen months, you'll finish your Invisalign plan. Most people wear retainers at night until their smiles stabilize. Dr. Isaacson or Dr. Weisbrod will tell you what aftercare is best for your smile.
Your great, straight smile
Invisalign clear aligners provide the easiest, most discreet path to that goal. For your personalized Invisalign consultation, phone our office in White Bear Lake at (651) 762-7677. We are open Monday through Friday at 7 am.
Have you ever experienced a dental emergency? If so, you know quick action means the difference between painful consequences and long-term health. At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry in White Bear Lake, your emergency dentists, Dr. Daniel Isaacson and Dr. Mike Weisbrod, encourage patients to be prepared for the most pressing of dental problems. Read on to learn more about these instances of dental crisis!
What is a dental emergency?
There are many situations which constitute dental emergencies, and they may involve bleeding, loss of tooth structure, fracture of a restoration/tooth replacement, bone fracture, or adverse change in personal appearance and pain. Whatever the case, you should know how to stabilize the condition, and then immediately get help from your emergency dentist in White Bear Lake.
Examples of emergencies and what to do:
- Avulsed Tooth: Children aren't the only ones to lose teeth. It happens to adults, too, most commonly from a fall or sports mishap. Luckily, chances are the tooth can be saved if you act quickly and replant the tooth, roots down, into the empty socket. First, rinse the tooth with plain water, then, hold the tooth in place while you travel to Isaacson Gentle Dentistry. In many cases, we can reattach the tooth if you act quick enough!
- Oral Laceration: Apply direct pressure with a sterile 4x4 or clean cloth if you suffer a deep cut to the tongue, lips, or gums. If bleeding continues beyond 15 minutes, go to the nearest hospital ER.
- Chipped or Displaced Tooth: Save the pieces and bring them to the dental office. Dr. Issacson or Dr. Weisbrod may use composite resin to bond them back in place, or in the case of substantial fracture, use a veneer or crown to restore the tooth. A tooth displaced to one side due to oral trauma may be stabilized by splinting it to an adjacent tooth.
- Dental Abscess: A raging toothache, jaw swelling, drainage, and tooth discoloration often signal a deep infection. In these cases, the team at Isaacson Gentle Dentistry may advise ice to the jaw and ibuprofen for pain until you can be seen in the office for examination.
Expect kind and accurate care
At Isaacson Gentle Dentistry, your dentist and his staff will treat your emergency quickly so that you can feel better and return to full oral health. Call our office in White Bear Lake immediately if you or a loved one have an urgent dental matter—we'll advise you on what to do next. Phone us today at (651) 762-7677.